Welcome to Ricafrica.com!
We are excited to introduce you to Ricafrica.com, which has been established to connect small African businesses to the global market that seeks to celebrate African heritage and innovations. We are working closely with entrepreneurs, from various countries across Africa, to help them expand to the United States market for African goods. We understand that just the thought of conducting international business can be daunting to many so, Ricafrica is working tirelessly to create a process that will be simple and easy to use.
Current Business Model
Ricafrica currently buys and resells African creative goods, some on consignment. We invite African businesses to contact us if they are interested in becoming one of our suppliers.
2020 Marketplace Model
Starting in early 2020, we will create a marketplace where small African businesses can list their products for sale for reasonable listing and commission fees. We invite small African businesses that produce high-quality fashion, art and/or household goods to start applying to list and sell their products through Ricafrica.com. Sellers can sell a diverse array of fashion and art products on Ricafrica, with exceptions (see Terms and Conditions).
Selling on Ricafrica will be easy as we have a great team that will work closely with you to determine the best solutions for your business. Essentially, once your application is approved and you have completed your pilot shipment, you will be authorized to list your products for sale on Ricafrica.com and start processing orders.
Eligibility to Sell on Ricafrica:
To be eligible to sell items on Ricafrica.com, each seller must meet the following requirements:
- Seller produces high quality fashion or art goods.
- Each item a seller intends to list for sale on Ricafrica.com has its final assembly or processing take place on the African continent (made in Africa).
- Seller is conscious, respectful and thoughtful about their treatment of designers, workers, culture, environment, sustainability, raw materials, wildlife, and all other persons and things (tangible and intangible) that are affected by the sourcing and sale of the products they intend to sell on Ricafrica.com.
- Seller can demonstrate that the sale of each item they list on Ricafrica.com economically benefits indigenous Africans, for example through wages or profit sharing.
- Seller can demonstrate that they plan to operate their relevant business for the foreseeable future. Ricafrica.com is not a platform for one-off or seasonal sales.
Ricafrica is currently in its Beta Test Phase (See Terms and Conditions for more information). During the Beta Test Phase suppliers are charged a 25% commission if the item is sold on consignment. Additionally, sellers are charged at $0.30 listing fee and 2.9% transaction fee for each product sold.
Apply to Sell
If you are interested in becoming a supplier or selling on Ricafrica.com please click on the “Apply to Sell” button below and register to create an account. We will review your application within 3 business days. If approved you will be required to conduct a pilot shipment to an address we will provide you in the United States before you can sell online. We will work closely with you to get you set up so, don’t fear!
If you have any questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com or use the contact form below.